Thursday, April 9, 2020

Nay Palm Bones

This group is a little personal, because it was founded by my former teacher and I am playing on three tracks on their album. 

The Nay Palm Bones is a group consisting of Mark Hetzler (Professor at the University of Wisconsin, former Empire Brass), Jeffery Peterson (Jacksonville Symphony), Jeffery Thomas (Orlando Symphony), and Harold Van Schaik (Florida Orchestra).  The first recording they did was a transcription of Shostakovich's 8th String Quartet on Mark Hetzler's 20th Century Architects album which showcases the  virtuosity that a trombone quartet is capable of.  I highly reccomend checking this recording out, especially the second and third movements.  

Recently they released a full album as an ensemble entitled Sonic Horizons which I have linked below.  I was fortunate enough to play on three tracks: Mountain Nights by Kodaly, and the Bernstein Simple Song and In Nomine Patris.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment